Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: ~2 hours
— -Cake — —
- 1 18–1/2 ounce devil’s food cake mix
- 1 1–3/4 ounce (4-serving size) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 8 tbsp Medaglia D’ Oro Instant Espresso Coffee
- 3 heaping tsp HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK 100% Cocoa
— -Sauce — —
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1+1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp Medaglia D’ Oro Instant Espresso Coffee
- 12 heaping tsp HERSHEY’S SPECIAL DARK 100% Cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour two cake pans.
- Combine all cake ingredients.
- Beat for 2 minutes on high with electric mixer.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for ~60 minutes.
- Cool in pan.
- Invert on serving plate.
- Prick top with fork.
- Drizzle sauce over top of cake.
- Use brush or spoon to put extra dripping back on cake.
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Stir in water and sugar.
- Boil 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in coffee and cocoa until smooth.
Notes in the margin: A hit at parties — will liven them up and keep them going.